They have not been a wonderful way to learn how to do twitch streaming. Amazon, the owner of twitch has already provided the platform for sharing game videos. More than 2 million people visit there every month. They just watch game-plays and chat with the broadcasters.
It is however a nice place to meet people that can be part of your multiplayer gaming section.
Even as it is a platform with lots of users, streaming may not easy for some people. Although there is no restriction from twitch, it might become impossible with going through the right guide.
To be successful in setting it up, you need the right software and device.
How to set up your page on Twitch
Before you broadcast, you need an app. These days, there is one available for download on Mac, Windows, and Linux. It is known as Open Broadcaster Software – OBS.
With it, you can set up custom alerts, layouts, and many more.
- Once you get the software on your device, login on Twitch website.
- Select the dashboard from the drop-down option at the top right.
- Search for a game and select it.
- Enter a good title for your new broadcast.
Once you are through, go over to OBS, and then do the following.
- Open OBS and select settings.
- Click on stream and set service to twitch.
- Click on connect account for a quick setup.
- Lastly, login with your account details to start live streaming.
If you prefer to login using your stream key, then do this.
- Go to your twitch dashboard.
- Select the stream key. You will receive a streaming code.
- Copy and paste it into the broadcast menu settings. Select OK.
Doing all that will not start streaming. You need to do these last steps.
- Open the OBS interface. Click on the source box. Then select add, game capture.
- Select the game of your choice from the menu that appears.
- Click the sources box and add any feed your like. You can add texts, images to your layout.
- Use monitor capture to display anything or use video capture to make use of your webcam.
- Select the preview windows and edit the scene to customize your stream layout.
- Click start streaming to go live.
You see it isn’t difficult as you might have thought. I should have included a video or images of all processes, but there is no time to start capturing all.
Since it is an easy process, just try them.